我的相片
名稱:
位置: Singapore

Not you.

星期四, 5月 31, 2007

Happy Vesak Day

pondering what am I going to do while heading back to my little habitat last evening......

a buzz to my good old buddy and I get to know that she is volunteering for an Vesak Day event (the prostrating ceremony... SAN BU YI KOU BAI, take-three-steps-and-prostrate ceremony) near BG.

Rush back, clean up and m out within 10 mins, heading towards BG.

Yeah... it has been a spontaneous decision to take part. ( I have always been like that... doesn't like to plan but enjoy doing things at the eleventh hour)

Though, the prostrating ceremony lasted barely for 2 hours, ... it has been quite an experience for me.

Trying hard to concentrate amidst the heat, humidity, pain on both of my knees (yes I am stupid to wear berms instead of pants), soreness on both of my thighness, ill smells, ...... all kinda distractions ....

the feeling is almost analogous to the marathon I took part last year.... ...the inner voice "come on when is it going to end.... give up lar....." mindf**king me .......

distractions, negative thoughts......(Kylie's "can't get you out of my head")

the reciting of the scriptures (I am sorry I simply have no idea what is it all about, kinda guess its sounded like Amitabha shakyamuni....... I terribly sorry, I am a lousy Buddhist) does help to get the mindf**king distractions out of my head...

I enjoy the journey ...the process.. . coz it really calms the beast within ...


So I ended the evening with two bruised knees, two sore thighs, two beautiful lotus lanterns, one tamed beast and a happy soul.

Happy Vesak Day to all my friends. May you be blessed with happiness and compassion.

0 個意見:

張貼留言

訂閱 張貼留言 [Atom]

<< 首頁