我的相片
名稱:
位置: Singapore

Not you.

星期四, 5月 11, 2006

Huang Shan Mountain Trek

It was almost an eleven-hour train ride from Shanghai to Huangshan. Here's some travel facts if u attempt to go huang shan.

Huang Shan (located in Anhui province) is considered one of the ass-kicking-scenic spots in China. I have validated that. The scenic mountains and seas of clouds are breathtaking. The crowds too. = )

I am contemplating to come during winter...less crowd and I will get to enjoy the snowy environment

Weather

Please please, check the weather forecast before u decided to go huang shan. U might not want to be caught in a nasty thunderstorm which resulted in nasty floods. I was lucky this time notwithstanding the fact that I knew there's gona be heavy down pours in huangshan before I embarked on this risky journey.

Transport

Huang Shan can be reached almost by air, train and bus. The train ride (11+ plus hours 2000hr to 0850) takes a couple of hours longer than the bus. I personally prefer the train ride as u can comfortably sleep throughout the entire journey (trust me u gonna need the energy if u plan to scale the heights of this gigantic mountain; you can save a night's accomodation too).

The current cost of the train ticket from shang hai to Huang Shan cost 264 yuan (soft sleeper - considered the most luxurious class- lower deck slightly more expensive than the upper deck). The hard sleeper tickets are hard to get as they are usually bought by the locals. The hard sleeper cost almost half than that of the soft sleeper. If u wana punish yourself for the night remember to opt of the middle deck of the hard sleeper as the lower deck (more expensive) will be used by the locals to put their stuffs. They do not really care. The upper deck is almost kissing the ceiling and its very near the speakers. It is important to buy your ticket at the train station rather from the touters and from hotels (the former are usually scamers and the latter always add a significant service charge)

When u arrive at the train station, u need to take a minibus to a place called TUN2 XI1 It cost 10yuan. Don't worry of not able to find these minibuses as the touters are like vultures waiting for you. Remember, its only 10 yuan! and make sure they bring you to the bus terminal where u need to take a big tour bus to go up the Gate of huang shan. They will attempt to persuade u to stay a night at Tangkou by claiming that it is very inconvenient upthere and the rooms ain't great. Trust me they are bullshitting.

Oh! remember I said checked the weather conditions before u wana go huangshan or book a tour package to huang shan? I was almost stucked in the middle of the journey from TUN2 XI1 to TANG1 KOU2 (Bus terminal). I witness the bad thunderstorm and the roads start to flood. Luckily the minibus managed to pass the mini-lake created along the road leading to bus terminal. The water was already almost shin-level deep!

When I reached the bus terminal, I heard from the staff saying that several parts of the road leading to the bus terminal are flooded badly.

The journey up Huang Shan is difficult . VERY . If u wana punish yourself , take the western steps up to the summit. Its about 12km (UPHILL)and VERY VERY Steep. The slightly easier eastern steps is half of the western steps. However, the former provides more scenic spots! Well if u have the cash to spare ....take the cable car (65 yuan) up via the east and take the steps down via western steps.

Me? I wanted to take the cable car up but the cable car service was shut down due to the thunderstorm. Trust me, there couldn't be any worse ways to punish ya kness. I couldn't stand properly when i reached the top via the eastern steps. Sore legs. However, I was rewarded with beautiful mountains and seas of clouds. I will post some pictures when I am back in shanghai.....

0 個意見:

張貼留言

訂閱 張貼留言 [Atom]

<< 首頁