我的相片
名稱:
位置: Singapore

Not you.

星期四, 9月 29, 2005

Having here? 80 cents of honesty for u to take away

I thought Katrina was paying a visit when I was on my way back this evening.

No.... I don't think I am going to brave through the downpour. Probably, I may attempt to act GA-RANG, dashing back in the rain, 15 years ago, hoping to impress some girls.....

I walked nonchalantly towards Delifrance, thought to sit by the glass panel, sipping a nice cup of earl grey, watching people frantically hasten their pace to look for shelter.

Inside the cafe, I felt I was enjoying a temporary "retreat" from the hustles and bustles of the outside world where the storm continues to unleashes her prowess.

Sometimes, when the storm outside is too much for one to take, it makes sense to look for someone who can offer u that cafe ..... that cup of earl grey, which offers you inner peace..... that plain glass panels which takes you out of the outer chaos.


***********************************************************************************

Manager: Good evening Sir...table for one?

Souplad: Yah.... One. (Err...do u see anybody standing beside me?..alamak u really freaks me out leh.)

Manager: What would you like to have?

Souplad: Err.. (about to tell him what I want)

Manager: Oh.. you can write order using the order form beside u.

Souplad: Err.. ok (Thought, he is going to take my order)

Souplad: (After writing what I wanted... a cup of Earl Grey) I proceed to the POS and place my order)..... One Earl Grey, please.... plus this curry chicken puff...

Manager: Having here or take away?

Souplad: Having here (tempted to say .. not having here but there..... can't u see its raining outside and u have already asked me how many to a table liao...)

Manager: Ha? Having here? (He has already keyed in $0.95 for the curry chicken puff I have ordered.)

Souplad: What's wrong (Knowing the curry chicken puff cost $2.40....)

Manager: Aiya.... Having here... is $2.40 .. take away is $0.95

Souplad: Huh? (dumbfounded!!!!!).

Souplad: (quickly regain consciousness)... then take away lor....

Manager: But u say having here....

Souplad: (trying to be nice).. yah.. I am having my earl grey here. I wanted that chicken curry puff to be packed...

Manager: OH.. ok.....I will bring the tea and the chicken curry puff to u

Souplad: Thanx... (walking back to my seat... notice a chio bu sitting at one corner... quite mature... but still chio... chio pair of eyes and a nice TT dress which flatters that her peaks and valley.)

Waitress: Your tea sir... and your puff.

Souplad: Huh.. (I tot I wanted my puff in a bag... by having on the plate cost $2.40 leh).

Waitress (smiling): (Seemed to read my mind) Never mind, sir..it's ok.

Souplad: Thanx ( whatever......)

While watching people dashing for shelter and struggling with weak brollies, I overheard some commotion ...... Eh.. customer having earl grey lar....not Au lait....

Waitress: Sir, u are having earl grey right?

Souplad: Yah... (Alamak u are the one serving me 10 minutes ago leh)

Waitress heading towards kitchen... Ehh... customer having earl grey lar.. Then she head back towards the cashier.

Waitress: Sir, I am sorry. Here's the refund of 80 cents. We thought you have ordered au liat. We are sorry

Souplad: It's ok. (I was not aware that I was overcharged for something that I did not ordered)

I appreciate the honesty of this kind waitress... I am very grateful albeit the trivial 80 cents.

We should have more such people around in this world.

0 個意見:

張貼留言

訂閱 張貼留言 [Atom]

<< 首頁