我的相片
名稱:
位置: Singapore

Not you.

星期五, 12月 02, 2005

A Forty Something Ah Yi and A Twenty-Something Souplad

Everybody calls her "Ah Yi" (auntie). A 40-something petite lady who diligently ensures the entire admin building is spick and span 24/7. I can feel her warm and simple hospitality despite my cynnic nature. There she appears at my cubicle with bananas and some XIAO LONG BAO, reminding me to take more food as it is getting colder this weekend.

I am pretty moved by her persistant caring nature but not Souplad.

Souplad is a total stranger to her. Souplad doubted her kindness and hospitality. I wonder why souplad doubted Ah Yi.

I was told by my boss she cared for everyone in the company. This somehow crushes souplad's cynnical thoughts of special treatment to a foreign guest

Her behaviour reminded me about the twenty-something Souplad.

Souplad was a caring twenty-something.

Perhaps circumstances had made Souplad a caring twenty-something. Thoughtful, sensitive, helpful and approachable were some common adjectives used to describe the twenty-something souplad.

I'm afraid souplad isn't a great person afterall. I believe circumstances had conditioned and moulded him to be thoughtful and caring. It must be tough on a twenty-something to think so much and shoulder inevitable heavy responsibities.

A final trigger had finally made souplad come out of this shell. Reborn.

Probably a smarter, cynnical, purposeful, realistic and practical thirty-something.

Souplad believes this society will continue to misunderstand and remain cynnical about kindness. Souplad has learnt this important lesson. A valuable lesson from a good friend. A lesson about everything. Everything comes with a price tag. Be it an ulterior motive, or something more tangible....money and sex.

Money is real.

2 bananas are real

A foam box of XIAO LONG BAO is real

A kind Ah Yi is probably real.

While most of the rest are bullshit and remain as fake as Pamela's breasts.

1 個意見:

Blogger Ah Siang 提到...

if only we more of the ah yis in this world. There is still hope.

星期五, 12月 02, 2005 2:11:00 下午  

張貼留言

訂閱 張貼留言 [Atom]

<< 首頁