我的相片
名稱:
位置: Singapore

Not you.

星期三, 1月 18, 2006

A great reduction

I was telling a couple of my friends that I have lost almost 12 kg when I'm here in Shanghai. Yes..... the LCD screen of the weighing scale seems to smile and display 74.3kg a couple of weeks ago. I was 86.7 when I left Singapore for Shanghai.

I felt bewildered coz I didn't notice any drastic changes. I dun think I have been losing water coz I have been drinking like a parked camel when I am here coz the weather is fecking dry.

I am still having those love handles, chubby cheeks and my balls hadn't shrunk a bit.

So where does the 12 kg come from?

Last friday, I finally get myself to meet Wendy, a friendly-fecking-expensive-aussie GP coz I have been coughing badly for almost a month. This time, I weighed 76kg. Wendy reassured me that I am not suffering from any terminal illness. Instead she asked me how did I manage to lose so much weight over a span of 2 months.

Make yourself cough every night, I replied.

Ok listen up for those who wanted to know how I lose 12 or rather 10 kg in a period of 2 months, I will tell u what I eat or do when I am here. However, I shall not be responsible for any mishap if u decide to mimic what I do and eat. Here goes...

Wake up an hour earlier b4 u hit the roads.

Hydrate yourself with half to one litre of water. Take your time (about 10mins),drink slowly.... don't drown.

Perform some stretching exercises as you would always do before u engage in any ball games or sports. 20 mins

Take a hot shower and start your day.

When u reach office, eat as much as u could. Make sure u have a power-packed breakfast. I took lotsa granolas from "Sweet home farm" plus a cuppa of unsweetened coffee or skimmed milk.

About 10am I will take some more granolas as snack and continue to drink as much water as possible. Granolas are fibre-rich food hence u need to drink up, else u will be constipated in no time.

Lunch will be fruits, walnuts/almonds or granolas. U might be wondering why am I eating only granolas. Food found here is very salty and oily. In short, avoid carbo during lunch becoz carbo makes u sleepy.

If u need some snacks in the afternoon, take some cucumber strips or any fruits. Almonds , sunflower seeds (unsalted ones) are good snack items. They contain loads of vit E. Walnuts are splendid too as it contains omega three fatty acids that lowers ya blood cholesterol.

Before dinner, I will take about an hour, walking briskly around the neighbourhood every alternate day. I will work out in the gym (usually treadmills and free weights)for 2 hours. 20mins on the treadmill and 20 mins of free weights or bench press. 3 cycles. Steal some time to catch your breath.

Take a hot shower after ya exercise

I usually avoid dinner at all cost. I will fixed some soup if I am hungry. Mainly broccoli and mushroom soup. U can use skimmed milk and low fat cheese to give the slight creamy consistency and taste. Avoid salt.

Never eat (2 hours) before you hit the sack.

During weekends, I will usually take some meat. But I am trying to abstain from taking them. I am replacing meat with toufu and gluten. I would like to take some fish but fresh fishes are not ready available here. Sometimes I splurge on the local DIMSUM.. like XIAO LONG BAO (little steam meat dumplings) and GUO TIE (pan fried meat dumplings.... I will usually take the meat and a little of the dumpling skin as the latter contains carbo that makes u sleepy and lethargic.

Despite all these, I am still a sucker for Thosai, Wanton Mee and Deep Fried Fritters dipped in Soybean Drink.

2 個意見:

Blogger benauhc 提到...

Wow, what resolve. Must make losing weight part of my agenda this year too. Stay fit!

星期四, 1月 19, 2006 12:21:00 上午  
Blogger SoupLad 提到...

ben> good luck. btw I'm now 70kg. = )

星期五, 1月 20, 2006 8:29:00 上午  

張貼留言

訂閱 張貼留言 [Atom]

<< 首頁