我的相片
名稱:
位置: Singapore

Not you.

星期一, 10月 10, 2005

Fear Rocks.

I have tried to better myself......to overcome the many manifestations of fear within me...........

Singing in front of strangers (Was told to take part in singing contest instead of singing in pubs and karaoke)

Cycling (Tried in sec days, but always ended with countless bruises. Overcame the fear from falling of the bike during Army Dazes. All thanks to my army bros who "force" me to ride a bicycle)

Ice skating (Fell flat on my face. Was grossly rewarded with bruised, crack kneecap as well as sore chin. Manage to skate in circles without falling. Nope.... have not overcame the fear of falling on ice....)

Diving (Got my open water diving license Apr 2003. The experience is unforgettable! Still a yo yo diver, was rather guilty of making my dive buddy nosebleed coz he has a serious pressure-equalising issue )

10km run (Did that 2 years ago. Was not sufficiently prepared for this run. Ended up walking by the beach for 3km. Timing is a pathetic 1hr 20 mins)

Reverse Bungee (Did dat on my birthday last year, eve of a road trip to RAWA island. How was it? Chey.....like dat only)

Rollerblading (The experience is almost similar to ice skating. Sores, bruises and ouchs are inevitable. Falls and more falls)

Tennis (Lost quite a number of tennis balls. Self taught... and later coached by my ex college who went to Perth for good. Haiz... Have not been tennising for a long time)

Squash (Pick this game up last year. Have not been doing that lately)

Tademn Jumps (Did it last year. The feeling of free falling is incredible. Ball-cringing experience. Another unforgettable and crazy thing I did)

High Confidence Obstacle Course (An activity of a volunteering project for kids from a children's home. Walking sideways on a single rope with a kid, 4 storeys above the ground was definitely another unforgettable experience. My legs wobbled so much. I was terrified yet had to encourage my mentee who was equally, if not more terrified than I was. The fear of falling off the rope is so overwhelming and IN-YOUR-FACE.)

Baking (First baking experience was a disaster. Was trying to bake a chocolate cake but tasted like chocolate HUAT KUEH....I was very amused whenever I recalled upon this baking disaster. Baked a New-York cheesecake last couple of weeks. I was rather pleased with this baking adventure.)

Salsa (I thought I have a natural talent in dancing till I was proven wrong 3 weeks ago. I made a fool out of myself. My friend could not stop laughing at my expense though she is just as bad as I am. The thrills of seeing ladies rushing to you to practice dancing is ahem...... good as well as embarrassing. Yes... the ratio is 1 guy:5 ladies.)

Kickboxing (Like Salsa, kickboxing requires lotsa concentration. Cool sport.)

BoardSailing (Did that over the last weekend. Enjoyed it tremendously despite falling of the board countless number of times. The fear of the open sea, choppy waves, falling of the board have been so in-your-face. The thrills of overcoming that and able to glide through the waves are priceless.)

In months or years to come

I wanted to try.............


1 month Solo backpacking

Rugby

Full Marathon

French Dessert Making

to volunteer for AIDS patients

to volunteer in Bhutan (a very mysterious country)

3 month Solo backpacking.

********************************************************************************
Coach Ken Carter: What is your deepest fear?
Timo Cruz: Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine as children do. It's not just in some of us; it is in everyone. And as we let our own lights shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.

0 個意見:

張貼留言

訂閱 張貼留言 [Atom]

<< 首頁