我的相片
名稱:
位置: Singapore

Not you.

星期四, 6月 09, 2005

Daydreaming Superman

For once my outlook calendar empty. No meetings! It is a blue moon affair. Without any hesitation, I tell myself that I am going to spend the rest of the day idling.

Daydreaming has always been my favorite hobby when I was little and I believe daydreaming will remain as one of my favourite pastime. I find it exceptionally challenging when I attempt to do it discretely during a meeting. The feeling of your mind slowly drifting away in absolute freedom is unbelievable. People sitting around you starting to have funny faces, your boss starts to dance and I started to punch the daylights out of that jerk or b***h. Juvenile it may seem, I always find daydreaming a very effective way to amuse myself during a boring meeting. = ) Sitting alone in my office now, I simply refuse to pick up another protocol to review although today is the deadline.

I think writing and daydreaming complement each other. I like to daydream and I like write. However, I believe I have been cursed with a long-winded soul and paradoxically, a very willful mind.

It is pretty common and easy for me to think of several topics and events almost simultaneously. However, I find it very difficult to pen down all these thoughts. Right now, I am concurrently thinking of

an old Cantonese song someone forwarded to me last night (she has a special preference for songs…songs that she could barely understand. These songs are almost always Japanese, Korean, Cantonese, and any language that are foreign to her. A unique individual….)
 organizing a dumpling wrapping activity this coming or the next weekend
 getting my dad a shirt or a pair of pants
 planning a budget proposal for a camp
 bbq to be held end this month or early next month etc
 “Superman” one of my fave

P.S: these are easily 20% of what I am thinking right now, they simply whizzes across my mind mercilessly without allowing me to anchor properly on them

Superman (it’s not easy) has been my favorite song for almost 5 years. Perhaps it will always be my favorite song. It may not be the best song ever written and performed by Ondrasik -- Five for Fighting as I believe he will continue to outwrite and outperform many bands.

I absolutely adore this song. I've probably heard it umpteen times in the last 5 years, and I have never once grown tired of it because the words and passion of love and life depicted in this song are echoes to my heart.

You may not appreciate as much as I do. But this song has spoken to me for the last 5 years and it probably has reminded and helped in some ways or another at some point of my life.

*************************************
I can't stand to fly
I'm not that naive
I'm just out to find
The better part of me

I'm more than a bird...I'm more than a plane
More than some pretty face beside a train
It's not easy to be me

Wish that I could cry
Fall upon my knees
Find a way to lie
About a home I'll never see

It may sound absurd...but don't be naive
Even Heroes have the right to bleed
I may be disturbed...but won't you concede
Even Heroes have the right to dream
It's not easy to be me

Up, up and away...away from me
It's all right...You can all sleep sound tonight
I'm not crazy...or anything...

I can't stand to fly
I'm not that naive
Men weren't meant to ride
With clouds between their knees

I'm only a man in a silly red sheet
Digging for kryptonite on this one way street
Only a man in a funny red sheet
Looking for special things inside of me

It's not easy to be me.
*******************************************


Wasn’t I long winded?

2 個意見:

Blogger Beer Brat 提到...

Hey that's my song. Hehe. And yes, you are super longwinded

星期四, 6月 09, 2005 12:00:00 下午  
Blogger SoupLad 提到...

Your song? gimme a break, will ya...brat. = )

星期四, 6月 09, 2005 12:24:00 下午  

張貼留言

訂閱 張貼留言 [Atom]

<< 首頁