我的相片
名稱:
位置: Singapore

Not you.

星期三, 2月 08, 2006

Chopsticks are mightier than forks

I haven't got the chance to toss some Yu sheng (some fish sashimi with plenty of shredded colourful veggies) this year. My mum suggested yusheng on the 4th day of CNY, but I was too lazy to get my bums out of the house. Damn!

Here I am…… back in Shanghai. The shanghaineses don't seem to have the custom of tossing yu sheng. Guess tossing yu sheng is a "custom" practice in Singapore and Malaysia.

Last night, I was invited to another CNY dinner. The dinner was held in this huge thai restaurant called "Banana Leaf" near HongKong Plaza. Sorry….. I did not manage to take any pictures coz I just wana to sit and have some decent meal instead of annoying people with my camera.

The Lazy Susan was filled with numerous cold dishes (chilled sweet sour chicken feet, prawn-fruit salad, sweet sour mango shreds, curry flavoured bamboo shoots, preserved mango and papaya shreds, Spicy turnip and bamboo shoots shreds), curries (Green seafood curries, red hot chicken curry), Seafood (Ridiculously big red crabs, prawns, claypot shellfishes), BBQ meat (satay, BBQ mutton slices, chicken wings). So much food.

For some weird reasons, I started to feel nausea…………

But some moments later, I found myself busy dissecting crabs claws with chopsticks. Forget about forks ....I have a pair of mighty chopsticks.

Now …u tell me…. besides souplad, who the hell will have the skill of eating crabs with a pair chopsticks.

My shanghainese colleages were amazed. Very amazed.

2 個意見:

Blogger J O H N N Y 提到...

Call me uncle or gor gor….still no ang pao.


power... haha

星期三, 2月 08, 2006 11:07:00 上午  
Blogger SoupLad 提到...

chopsticks coupled with strong sharp fangs...= )

星期五, 2月 10, 2006 8:37:00 上午  

張貼留言

訂閱 張貼留言 [Atom]

<< 首頁